UOKiK - Office of Competition and Customer Protection - approval to establish easyPack company
Press release Cracow, July 24th 2012
UOKiK [Office of Competition and Customer Protection] approval to establish easyPack company
easyPack by InPost are to be accessible on further foreign markets
Asterina Investments, the part of Pinebridge and Integer.pl Group received the UOKiK [Office of Competition and Customer Protection] approval to establish easyPack joint venture company. Thus, in the following four years, the easypack by InPost network will amount to 16 thousand machines. Upon the contract with PineBridge Investments, by the end of 2012, integer.pl Group plans to deploy 1000 new easyPack machines, including 300 in Poland, 400 in Russia, 200 in Ukraine, and over 100 in Czech Republic and Slovakia.
The Integer.pl Group and PineBridge joint investment amounting to 108 million EUR (453 million PLN) involves using easyPack by InPost services as a potential in the context of the rapidly growing e-commerce sector in the world. Within 2 years’ time, Integer.pl Group will raise capital and equity of 58 million EUR (243 million PLN) and PineBridge Investments will invest over 50 million EUR (210 million PLN).
“The UOKiK [Office of Competition and Customer Protection] approval to establish easyPack company is a great news not only for us, but also for PineBridge, which saw potential in our international project. Thus, there is nothing to prevent us from implementing the global expansion of easyPack by InPost network, namely easyPack brand. We have a vast market experience in this particular type of investments, and we believe that we do not only offer attractive partnership but mostly the best deal for the postal operator around the world. Our contracts in Europe, Chile, Saudi Arabia, and Russia, prove our strong market position in that sector”- said Rafał Brzoska, the CEO of Integer.pl Group.
The Integer.pl Group European offensive plan assumes the launch of:
• 1000 machines in 2012
• 3000 machines in 2013
• 2500 machines in 2014
• 2500 machines in 2015
In addition, there will be 4 thousand machines held in reserve by the Integer.pl Group to be installed in different countries, depending on the market demand.
Integer.pl Group is planning to spend up from 40 to 80 million PLN on the development of easyPack by InPost machines service to the end of 2012, and the nearly five-year international expansion project is valued at 300 million EUR. The share of non-standard services will be at least 30% of Integer.pl Group revenue in the coming years. Through strategic investments – implemented on international markets – Integer.pl Group revenue from the foreign projects will reach over the next few years the level of 20-40 million EUR per year.
At the beginning of June 2012, after several months of operational testing, the first 24/7 machines to send and collect parcels were launched in Santiago, Chile. The commercial launch of service under the contract between the Integer.pl Group and Correos Chile, the national operator, has initiated the implementation of about 300 easyPack by InPost machines on the American continent. The machines will be deployed in Chile within the next two years.
easyPack by InPost interantional expansion
CHILE - June 2012
• Delivery of 300 easyPack by InPost machines under the contract with CorreosChile, the national operator
IRLANDIA - February 2012
• Delivery of 100 easyPack by InPost machines to Nightline Couriers, the courier market leader in Ireland, within the 1st stage of the contract
LATVIA - January 2012
• Production, delivery and installation of 29 easyPack machines in Latvia as part of the third stage of the contract with Eesti Post
LITHUANIA - December 2011
• Production, delivery and installation of 35 easyPack machines in Lithuania as part of the second-stage contract with Eesti Post
CHILE – October 2011
• InPost company's entry into the continent of America – technology sale contract with Correos de Chile
SAUDI ARABIA – October 2011
• The first non-European company’s contract – with Saudi Post including production, delivery, and installation of easyPack by InPost machines in Saudi Arabia
CYPRUS – September 2011
• the agreement with Cyprus public post – first easyPack machines will be installed in 2011
SPAIN – August 2011
• The agreement with a local courier company including design, production, delivery, and installation of several hundred easyPacks throughout Spain.
• The first stage will be completed by the end of 2011 and it is valued at EUR 0.5m, and the total value of the contract is estimated at EUR 8.5m.
• In 2012 it will be possible to send parcels to Spain via easyPack by InPost, as well as their collecting in Poland.
RUSSIA – July 2011
• The agreement concluded by InPost and iTech – the modern technologies fund, part of the QIWI Group; companies have decided on the creation of a special purpose company named QIWI Post, which task is to develop easyPack business in over 30 Russian cities.
• There is going to be about 440 easyPack machines in the Russian streets, eventually.
• QIWI Group will invest approximately $30 million in the project.
ESTONIA – February 2011
• The contract for delivery of 38 easyPack by InPost machines for Eesti Post (the first stage of the contract)
• The contract also covers business technology partnership and advisory services and consulting regarding the commercial launch of the new service in Estonia.
• The first stage of the order value amounts to € 950 000.
More info can be found at: www.paczkomaty.pl, www.easypack24.eu, www.inpost.pl, www.integer.pl, as well as: http://blog.inpost.pl/, and easyPack by InPost profile on Facebook.